Where do I leave my belongings (backpacks/clothes etc)?
- Since we meet right outside of the College Ave Student Center, you can go to the College Ave Gym and request a lock from the front desk and put your items in the locker room
- If you just have small items (RU ID, phone, keys) and don't want a locker, go to the front desk of the Student Center and they will hold things for you! (make sure to mention that you're going on a 30-40 minute run)
- You can use the commuter lockers in the student center (take the stairs down to the bottom floor, turn right, you should see tan lockers down a white hallway)
- For XC season men run 8 kilometers (~4.97 miles) and women run 6 kilometers (~3.7 miles) and we have at least four meets including two championship meets, regionals (where we earn a spot in the championship race at nationals) and nationals. For track season, we have indoor and outdoor meets and usually run at four to six meets. Meets are on weekends and depending on how far away they are may involve leaving the day before and staying in a hotel. NOTE: If you drop out of a meet after the registration deadline you must reimburse the club for your entry fee.
- We typically meet up outside the student center/gym area, jog to Buccleuch park, do warmups there, and then go on our run. After the run we stretch together (and later into the season we will do core after runs)
- Practice cancellations will be announced in the GroupMe or Facebook group. If there is no announcement, practice is still on. During cold or rainy weather we will meet in the food court lobby on college ave (if you face the student center, the doors to the food court lobby will be to your right)
- There's a wide range of runners in the club, so if you want to go fast or slow there will be people around your pace. Come out to practice and see, or join the GroupMe and ask if anyone else wants to go your pace before practice so you know you have someone to run with
- During the spring semester we compete at indoor and outdoor track events and do workouts at the Highland Park High School track. You may not want to start practicing during the fall but you should still join the Facebook group and GroupMe so you can hop right in when track season starts! Also reach out to us if you have questions/concerns!
- It's the main part, but not the only part! We will have plenty of events such as chocolate-milk miles, barbecues, outings to Top Golf and parties/socials! Also we hang out at Neilson (the best dining hall)